Chocolate Chunk Whole Wheat Cookies
Serves: 4 dozen cookies
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 pkg SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In medium mixing bowl stir together flours, Buttermilk Blend and baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat together butter, vanilla, brown sugar and eggs until well-blended and lighter in color.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed, just until blended.
- Stir in nuts and CHUNKS.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet, spacing about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 137 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 11g Sodium: 51mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg