Chocolate Chunk Caramel Pecan Tart
Serves: 12 servings
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 12 oz caramel ice cream topping
- 1 pkg SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- In large mixing bowl combine butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat until sugar is no longer visible.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add the egg yolk and beat until well-blended.
- Add half the flour and beat until dough becomes crumbly.
- Add remaining flour and then the cream.
- Beat until dough comes together.
- Shape dough into a disk and wrap well in plastic.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Roll out dough and fit into a 10-inch tart pan.
- Freeze unbaked shell for 30 minutes.
- Partially bake shell at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Next, assemble tart by pouring caramel over baked crust, then sprinkle with CHUNKS and pecans. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until filling is bubbling around the edges. Serve warm or cooled.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 623 Fat: 27g Saturated fat: 13g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 96g Sugar: 47g Sodium: 380mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 50mg