Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Serves: 2 dozen
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 14 oz caramels
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and ½ cup pecans.
- Spoon ⅔ of the batter into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat until caramels are melted.
- Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer.
- Carefully swirl brownie batter with a knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on wire rack
Nutrition InformationCalories: 392 Fat: 19g Saturated fat: 5g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 54g Sugar: 44g Sodium: 200mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 40mg