Chocolate Blueberry Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
- 9 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups pastry flour
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed and drained)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
- In large mixing bowl blend together cocoa and oil.
- Add butter and continue mixing.
- Stir in sugar, egg, water and vanilla.
- In medium mixing bowl combine the flour, Buttermilk Blend and soda.
- Fold into previous mixture just until blended.
- Do not overbeat (the mixture will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling to top.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Remove muffins immediately from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 275 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 40g Sugar: 19g Sodium: 174mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 22mg