Chocolate Banana Lunchbox Cake
Serves: 12 servings
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup water
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- 2 Tbsp walnuts or pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup Sifted powdered sugar for dust
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease one 8 x 11½-inch baking dish.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together flour, Buttermilk Blend, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together mashed banana, water, brown sugar, corn syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add banana mixture.
- Mix with wooden spoon or rubber spatula, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smoothing the top.
- Sprinkle CHUNKS and nuts evenly over the top.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Let cool in pan, then dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
- (This cake stores frozen, if well-wrapped, for up to one month—dust with powdered sugar once more before serving).
Nutrition InformationCalories: 343 Fat: 68g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 57g Sugar: 33g Sodium: 370mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 21mg