Chicken & Spinach Gratin
Serves: 6 servings
- 20 oz fresh spinach leaves
- 1½ Tbsp butter
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white & pale green, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small chicken breast half, boiled until tender
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper chive stems
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously butter a 13 x 9 baking dish or individual dishes if desired.
- Heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, sauté spinach in dry skillet until bright green and wilted, about 2 minutes per batch.
- Transfer spinach to strainer.
- Squeeze dry.
- In large skillet melt butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add leek, shallot and garlic; cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken, set aside.
- Whisk Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, water and eggs in a large bowl to blend.
- Whisk in all cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Stir in spinach, chicken and leek mixture to blend.
- Bake about 50-60 minutes for a large pan and 30 minutes for individual dishes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with chive stems.