Chicken Pot Pie
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk of celery, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 12.5 oz chicken breast
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ tsp seasoning salt
- ⅓ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Biscuit Topping
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium pan place potatoes, carrots, onions and celery with a dash of salt and 2 cups of water.
- Boil until tender, drain.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour all ingredients in a 11 x 8 casserole dish.
- biscuit topping
- In a medium mixing bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, cut in margarine with a fork.
- Gradually add water while mixing the flour mixture.
- Put flour on hands and form dough into a ball.
- Place dough on floured cutting board to roll out 1 inch thick.
- Cut out 12 biscuits and place on top of pot pie filling mixture.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 451 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 73g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 1738mg Fiber: 8g Protein: 25g Cholesterol: 46mg