Chicken in a Biscuit
Serves: 12 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp chicken-flavoring base
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients together; stir in parsley flakes.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Dissolve chicken flavoring in water; add to sour cream.
- Combine sour cream mixture with dry ingredients and mix just until dough follows fork around bowl.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead 10-12 times.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Using floured cutter, cut dough straight down; do not twist cutter.
- Bake 10-12 minutes on ungreased baking sheet, or until golden brown.
- Removed from oven and brush with melted butter.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 186 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 359mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 13mg