Cheese Tortellini and Corn Chowder
Serves: 8 servings
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cup frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup half & half
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 10.5 oz cream of onion soup
- 10.5 oz milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated Salt & white pepper, to taste
- Mix SACO Buttermilk with water, set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, set aside.
- Mix flour with half & half until smooth and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven cook celery, pepper and corn in chicken broth until vegetables are tender, but still crunchy.
- Stir in cream of onion soup and milk.
- Stir in Buttermilk mixture.
- Stir and heat thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and half & half mixture stirring constantly.
- When thickened, add butter, cheese and tortellini.
- Season to taste. Heat thoroughly, do not boil.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 307 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 33g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 543mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 14g Cholesterol: 48mg