Cheery Cherry Breakfast Coffee Cake
- Coffee Cake
- 2½ cups flour, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Coffee Cake
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- In a large bowl mix 1½ cups of the flour with the sugar, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- In a separate bowl mix yeast with ½ cup warm water, spoonful of sugar and set aside.
- Combine water and butter and heat just long enough to melt the butter.
- Pour butter mixture over the flour mix, add eggs and yeast mixing for about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the rest of the flour.
- Cover and let rise until double, about 45 minutes.
- Spoon about ⅔ of the batter into the greased pan.
- Top with fruit filling of your choice.
- Spoon the remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over the filling, leaving open areas.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Blend all glaze ingredients in a bowl, adding enough liquid for desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 80 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 85mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 13mg