Cheddar Cheese Dipping Sauce
Serves: 16 servings
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cubed salt to taste white pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, in saucepan, melt butter.
- Blend in flour, being careful not to brown.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Whisk in Buttermilk Blend until well-blended.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese, and stir until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Season to taste.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 68 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 3g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 97mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 16mg