Serves: 12 servings
- 2⅓ cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl stir together first six ingredients.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is about the size of small peas.
- Add water; stir just to mix.
- Fold in cheddar cheese.
- On a floured surface knead dough 10-12 times.
- Cut out biscuits with a floured biscuit cutter.
- Bake 10-12 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.