Champagne Rose Soup with Vanilla Cream
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup peaches, thinly sliced peeled & pitted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp mulling spices
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup cream
- fresh berries
- ½ pint vanilla ice cream
- Combine champagne, fruit and sugar in a saucepan.
- Place spices in a spice ball or wrap in cheesecloth and add to fruit mixture.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer gently until fruit is very tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the spices and transfer mixture to blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Strain the soup through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl.
- Blend the Cultured Buttermilk Blend into the water.
- Stir with cream and add to soup.
- Place a small scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of dessert bowls and ladle soup around ice cream.
- Garnish with additional fresh berries.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 133 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 24mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg