SACO’s Buttermilk Oat-Bran Pancakes
Serves: 16 pancakes
- 1 cup SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 cups bran cereal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 3 cups water
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil Non-stick cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Add beaten egg, water and oil.
- Beat until batter is smooth.
- Do not overbeat.
- Coat cool griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drop batter by tablespoonful onto hot griddle and cook until top is full of tiny bubbles and the underside is brown.
- Turn and brown on other side.
- Note: Pancakes freeze well.
- Wrap well before freezing.
- Unwrap to warm in microwave oven, or let thaw at room temperature and warm for three minutes in a standard oven at 350°.
- Serve with low-calorie syrup or fresh fruit puree.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 134 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 271mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 3mg