Banana Split Shortcakes
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup margarine
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3.4 oz instant banana pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz can pineapple tidbits
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 8 Maraschino cherries
- ½ cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Remove ¼ cup of mixture; set aside.
- Cut in margarine just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add water; stir just until dough clings together.
- Turn onto cutting board sprinkled with some of the remaining reserved flour mixture.
- Knead gently 8-10 times adding remaining flour mixture.
- Roll dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with flower or any other decorative cutter; brush with egg white.
- Bake 17-19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Toss sliced strawberries in sugar; let stand 30 minutes.
- Whisk banana pudding mix with milk for two minutes; set aside.
- Add drained pineapple to banana pudding.
- Split shortcakes.
- Spread half of the banana pudding mixture, add sliced strawberries; then top with remaining banana pudding.
- Top with shortcake top.
- Add Cool Whip, Saco Foods Chocolate Chunks, roasted almonds and a cherry.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 472 Fat: 20g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 66g Sugar: 32g Sodium: 668mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 12mg