Serves: 8 servings
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into
- ½” cubes
- ¾ cup onions, diced
- ¾ lb kielbasa, sliced and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 oz sauerkraut
- 1½ Tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1½ Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend Fresh Dill
- In a large saucepan combine the potatoes, onions, Kielbasa, chicken broth and bay leaf in 2 quarts of water; boil until the vegetables are tender.
- Rinse and drain the sauerkraut in a colander.
- Add the sauerkraut, dill, yellow mustard, pepper, and water to the soup.
- Mix well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the parsley.
- In a separate bowl combine the sour cream, flour and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend with ½ cup liquid from the soup.
- Add this mixture to the soup.
- Simmer until thickened, but do not boil.
- Spoon into soup bowls and garnish with fresh dill.
- Serve with toasted French Rounds if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 304 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 34g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 1177mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 51mg