Sun-Dried Tomato & Parmesan Biscuits
Serves: 12 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shortening
- ⅜ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- ¾ cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl stir together dry ingredients (except cheese).
- Cut in shortening with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and tomatoes.
- Add water and stir just until dough sticks together.
- Knead 10-12 strokes on lightly floured hard surface.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with biscuit cutter or drinking glass dipped in flour between cuts.
- Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until golden.