Grilled Steak Soup with Dumplings
Serves: 8 servings
- ⅔ cup onions, chopped
- ⅔ cup celery, chopped
- ⅔ cup carrots. chopped
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Accent dash pepper
- 1 Tbsp beef base
- 2 tsp Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 lb grilled steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup water
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- Partially boil onions, celery and carrots.
- Melt margarine in a large heavy saucepan and add the flour, mixing well.
- Add water gradually, stirring until thickened.
- Add tomatoes, Accent, pepper, and the beef base.
- Continue to cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the Kitchen Bouquet and grilled steak.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add the prepared dumplings immediately before serving.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt and SACO Buttermilk Blend powder.
- Add the beaten eggs and water, mix until it becomes sticky dough.
- Drop by tablespoons into rapidly boiling chicken broth.
- Cover and cook about 15 minutes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 422 Fat: 21g Saturated fat: 11g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 37g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 1725mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 20g Cholesterol: 106mg