Serves: 8 servings
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 clove garlic black pepper - to taste
- 3 lbs chicken
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Reconstitute Buttermilk Blend with water.
- In separate mixing bowl stir together flour and spices.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then roll into flour mixture.
- Place chicken in cake pan or on broiler pan, skin-side down.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 325°F and turn chicken over.
- Bake an additional 45 minutes. Optional Method (Fried):
- Using same batter recipe, but put 1 cup of vegetable oil in bottom of cake pan.
- Put pan with oil in oven for about 5 minutes, getting oil hot.
- Place chicken in pan and follow the same cooking instructions as above.
- Be creative with your spices.
- Add things you like for a zesty and wonderful taste sensation, like oregano, basil, or seasoning salt, or really spice things up with some chili powder, cayenne, or whatever your taste buds are calling for!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 214 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 54mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 9g Cholesterol: 23mg
local directory best domain name search tool .