Serves: 32 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 oz pineapple, crushed with juice
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease one 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend; set aside.
- In separate large mixing bowl combine oil and sugar.
- Stir to dissolve sugar as much as possible.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well-blended.
- Do not over beat.
- Fold in vanilla, coconut, carrots, nuts and pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- When cool, frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cream Cheese Filling
- In large mixing bowl beat together all ingredients until very creamy and smooth. Frost cooled cake as directed.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 277 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 25g Sodium: 192mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 7mg