Caramel Topped Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, water, eggs, molasses, honey and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Gradually add to pumpkin mixture.
- Mix just until blended.
- Fill muffin cups two thirds full (on top of topping).
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press 2 Tbsp of mixture on the bottom of each muffin cup and set aside.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 276 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 5g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 45g Sugar: 23g Sodium: 299mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 52mg