Caliente Salsa Muffin
Serves: 6 jumbo muffins
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1¼ cups medium spiced salsa
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped Sour Cream Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a jumbo muffin pan with six sections.
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix salsa, eggs, oil and sauce until blended.
- Add green onions and cilantro.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Serve warm with sour cream and salsa.