Buttermilk Whole Wheat Quick Mix
Serves: 6 cups
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1¾ tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¾ cup solid vegetable shortening
- In large mixing bowl stir together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender (or fork) until mixture resembles corn meal.
- Store in tightly covered container in cool, dry place; refrigeration is the best storage method.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 539 Fat: 27g Saturated fat: 7g Trans fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 64g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 1126mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 12g Cholesterol: 4mg