Serves: 4 waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- In a large mixing bowl sift together first six ingredients and set aside.
- In small mixing bowl beat egg until thick, then beat in water and melted butter.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients in large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Do not overbeat.
- Meanwhile, heat waffle iron.
- Use either regular or Belgian waffle maker.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and bake according to directions of the waffle iron manufacturer.
- Serve for breakfast with butter and syrup or for dessert with whipped cream and strawberries.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 226 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 29g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 532mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 28mg