Serves: 12 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- In medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder and Buttermilk Blend.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat 3 to 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Scrape sides of bowl; reduce speed to low.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until blended.
- Scrape sides.
- Add water and mix just until blended.
- Remove bowl from machine.
- Scoop ⅓ cup cupfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, placing mounds about 2 inches apart. (An ice cream scoop speeds scooping.)
- Loosely cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 45 minutes (or freeze and, when hard, remove to a plastic bag and freeze for up to 6 weeks).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover scones and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325°F and bake an additional 13 minutes, or until pale golden brown.
- Cool, uncovered, on a wire rack.Variations: Once dough is mixed, you can fold in things such as SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, flavored chips, nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, coconut, dried fruit, or whatever your taste buds desire! Note:
- If you do not have a large electric mixer, simply use a sturdy bowl and a hand electric mixer to make dough.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 279 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 10g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 245mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 41mg