Serves: 12 large rolls
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 pkgs active dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease large glass mixing bowl; set aside.
- In separate large mixing bowl combine 1½ cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt, baking soda and Buttermilk Blend.
- In small saucepan heat water and shortening until warm (120°F).
- Add warm water mixture to flour mixture and beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add additional flour, up to another 2½ cups, kneading until soft, smooth dough ball forms.
- Place in prepared bowl, turning to grease all sides.
- Cover and let rise 35 minutes.
- Punch down and shape into 12 large (18 medium) rolls.
- Place rolls close together on greased cookie sheet, or in greased square baking dish, and let rise again until double in size.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 253 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 37g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 261mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 2mg