Buttermilk Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and SACO Buttermilk Blend; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer 2½ minutes.
- Add vanilla and lemon extract.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with water, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Do not over-beat.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Let cake cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn it out on a rack to cool completely.
- Serve unfrosted, or sift a little powdered sugar over the top and sides of the cake before serving.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 297 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 7g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 44g Sugar: 26g Sodium: 268mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 32mg