Serves: 6 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease 6 deep custard cups. (The deeper the better, as a shallow cup will not pop well. A 6 ounce Pyrex custard cup is the best.)
- In large mixing bowl sift together the flour, Buttermilk Blend and salt.
- In small mixing bowl beat eggs with a hand beater until fluffy.
- Add water and eggs to the flour mixture.
- Beat just until smooth.
- Do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into prepared cups, filling only about ⅓ full.
- Bake 20 minutes at 450°F, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove at once from cups.
- Serve hot and with butter.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 85 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 218mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 1mg