Serves: 8 servings
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract dash ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mold pie shell into greased pie plate, or remove frozen shell from freezer.
- In medium saucepan melt butter, then add sugar and stir together.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- In medium mixing bowl stir together flour and SACO Buttermilk Blend.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in water, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until golden brown and top cracks (not done until top cracks).
- If crust is getting done too quickly, loosely mold aluminum foil around edges to prevent further browning.
- VARIATION: Top with ground cinnamon and/or whipped topping for a wonderful flavor.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 291 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 42g Sugar: 26g Sodium: 180mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 16mg