Buttermilk Flax Banana Bread
Serves: 2 loaves
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup bananas, mashed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond flavoring
- 1 cup white flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¾ cup grated flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 8 or 9 inch loaf pans.
- Mix sugar and butter together then add eggs, beat well.
- Add bananas, water, vanilla and almond flavorings.
- Beat until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in flours, Cultured Buttermilk Blend, flax seed, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake in prepared pans, one hour for an 8 inch pan and 1¼ hours for 9 inch pan or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool pans on wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove bread from pans onto wire rack.
- When completely cool, wrap tightly.
- Can be refrigerated up to 10 days.