Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease one 9-inch square cake pan.
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Beat on low speed 30 seconds.
- Scrape bowl then beat, on medium speed, an additional 1½ minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Do not over beat.
- Spread half the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with half the topping.
- Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- In small mixing bowl cut all ingredients together until well-blended.
- Sprinkle between layers of batter and over top of cake as directed.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 145 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 181mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 11mg