Buttermilk Clam & Corn Chowder
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon
- ¾ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ cup instant potato flakes
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 cups clam juice
- 3 cups clams, chopped
- 4 cups potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 15 oz sweet whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 cup
- 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- In a skillet sauté butter, onion, and bacon until onion is tender.
- Transfer mixture to blender.
- Add Saco Buttermilk Blend powder, potato flakes, flour, pepper and clam juice to blender.
- Blend until smooth and lump free.
- Pour mixture into a large soup pot.
- Add clams, potatoes, corn, milk and parsley.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.