Buttermilk Blueberry Buckle
Serves: 16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease one 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sift together the flour, SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl cream together the sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Blend in water.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Do not over beat.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- When using frozen blueberries, add 10 to 12 minutes to the baking time.
- Using fork or pastry blender, combine all ingredients well and sprinkle on top of batter, prior to baking, as directed in Cake directions
Nutrition InformationCalories: 208 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 36g Sugar: 21g Sodium: 150mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 8mg