Serves: 12 biscuits
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup solid shortening
- ⅔ cup water -
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large mixing bowl sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening thoroughly until mixture resembles corn meal.
- Add water and mix until dough is pliable.
- Do not overbeat.
- Turn dough onto lightly-floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds (20 to 25 times).
- Roll or pat ½ inch thick, no less.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Place close together on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown
Nutrition InformationCalories: 90 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 336mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg