Buttermilk Batter For Pan-Fried Fish
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 lbs fish fillets or steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup flour, cornmeal, or fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend Solid vegetable shortening
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- In large mixing bowl, using a wire whisk or rotary beater, beat together egg and water.
- In separate large mixing bowl blend together flour (or cornmeal or bread crumbs) and Buttermilk Blend.
- Dip fish in egg mixture, then in flour/buttermilk mixture.
- Heat shortening (1/8 inch) in skillet until hot.
- Fry fish in hot shortening over medium heat, turning carefully until brown on both sides, 8
Nutrition InformationCalories: 324 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 777mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 47g Cholesterol: 131mg