Buttermilk Banana Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mashed bananas Powdered sugar or whipped cream Sliced Bananas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 9-inch square pan or two 8-inch round pans.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, Buttermilk Blend, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in water, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients gradually and mix just until smooth.
- Do not overbeat.
- Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes (30 to 35 minutes for the 8-inch round pans), or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- For the round layer cake, spread each layer with sweetened whipped cream with banana slices between layers.
- For 9-inch square cake, finish with sweetened whipped cream or powdered sugar.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 134 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 272mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 17mg