Buttermilk Apple Bread
Serves: 2 loaves
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups apples, chopped, peeled and cored
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 8-inch loaf pans.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, Buttermilk Blend, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients and water alternately, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Mix just until smooth.
- Do not overbeat.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until wooden toothpick tests done.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pans.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on rack.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 101 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 11g Sodium: 110mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 8mg