Serves: 12 servings
- 3 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 pkg Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 pkg Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups ham, fully cooked and diced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 wedges of fresh tomato or salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use cooking spray to generously grease a six-cup shortcake pan or muffin cups.
- If a shortcake pan is unavailable, make large muffins, slice open and serve toppings over them.
- Stir together first three ingredients with a wire whisk.
- Add eggs and water, and whisk until smooth.
- Fill pan half full with batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from pan and add shortcake toppings, serve immediately.
- Saute onion and pepper in oil until tender, add ham and cook until warmed through.
- Add eggs and stir until done, stir in cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly over the shortcakes, top with a spoonful of sour cream, and a wedge of fresh tomato or spoonful of salsa.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 345 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 34g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 861mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 14g Cholesterol: 142mg