Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups water
- 8 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup nuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the boiling water, golden raisins and baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and margarine.
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs and water.
- In a third bowl, mix the Buttermilk Blend, flour, cereals, salt and nuts.
- Alternately, add dry and wet ingredients to creamed mixture until just moistened.
- Stir raisin mixture last.
- Store batter in the refrigerator until you want to bake fresh muffins.
- The batter will last for six weeks.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 357 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 57g Sugar: 28g Sodium: 548mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 34mg