Blue Ribbon Buttermilk Waffles
Serves: 9 waffles
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, Buttermilk Blend, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In small mixing bowl combine water, eggs and oil together.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing only until moistened.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- When hot, brush cooking surface lightly with shortening or oil.
- Pour ½ to ¾ cup of batter into waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Variations: Substitute up to ¾ cup whole wheat flour, rye flour, buckwheat flour, oatbran flour, or cornmeal for ¾ cup all-purpose flour
Nutrition InformationCalories: 401 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 67g Sugar: 48g Sodium: 400mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 5mg