Black Forest Crepes
Serves: 10 servings
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup SACO Premium Cocoa
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ½ tsp rum
- 2 eggs
- 21 oz cherry pie filling sweetened whipped cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa and Buttermilk Blend.
- Add milk, water, melted butter, rum and eggs; whisk until well-blended.
- Heat 8-inch frying pan over medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour scant ⅛ cup of the batter into pan, swirling immediately to coat bottom and slightly up sides of pan.
- Cook over medium heat approximately 1 minute, turn crepe, cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove to warm plate, keeping crepes covered.
- Repeat with remaining batter, using same amount of batter for each crepe.
- Place 1 Tbsp Filling in center of each crepe, spreading down center to create a row.
- Roll up so filling is in middle.
- Top with generous portion of cherry pie filling and dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
- In medium mixing bowl blend together all ingredients until smooth.
- Place in crepe as directed.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 385 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 8g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 61g Sugar: 38g Sodium: 312mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 76mg