Serves: 12 servings
- 3 cups flour
- 5 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cream of tarter
- ¾ cup butter
- 1¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tarter.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Add water all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead dough by folding and gently pressing dough for about 4 to 6 strokes or just until dough holds together.
- Pat or lightly roll dough until ¾ inches thick.
- Cut the dough with a floured 2½ inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits one inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.