Big Island Pound Cake
Serves: 16 servings
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple, well drained-save juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1½ cups flaked coconut
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar coconut milk for consistency
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Let cool, then in a medium bowl mix the melted butter, sugar and eggs at high speed until well blended and fluffy.
- Add coconut milk, vanilla, pineapple and pineapple juice; mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add to the creamed mixture.
- Mix well for about 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Smooth batter evenly. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool. Glaze when still slightly warm.
- Combine all ingredients and enough coconut milk for desired consistency.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 327 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 10g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 42g Sugar: 23g Sodium: 248mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 43mg