Best Ever Banana Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (2-3 medium)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and Buttermilk Blend.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, water and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
- Can substitute ½ cup applesauce for vegetable oil and use only 1 cup sugar.
- Bread is little more course but good and less calories.