Best Buttermilk Pancakes
Serves: 10 pancakes
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In medium mixing bowl combine Buttermilk Blend, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In small mixing bowl whisk together egg, water and oil; mix into dry ingredients.
- Stir just until combined.
- Heat skillet or griddle until a drop of water dances on it, then lightly grease skillet.
- Drop 2 to 3 Tbsp. of batter for each pancake onto skillet.
- When small bubbles break the surface, turn pancakes over and cook for 1 minute, or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Follow general cooking instructions. Variations:
- Substitute up to ½ cup whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, or oat bran flour for ½ cup all-purpose flour.
- Add ½ cup chopped nuts or shredded coconut to batter before mixing. Cook as directed.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 87 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 189mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 2mg