Best Breakfast Strata
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 green chili-cheese bagels, cubed
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 cup cheese, shredded salt & pepper
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- Spray a casserole dish with baking spray, coat with flour.
- Layer the cubed bagels, onions and cheese in your dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wisk together Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, water, eggs and cream.
- Pour wet mixture over the bagels, pressing down lightly to ensure even coverage.
- Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake strata 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Can be served hot, warm or cold as breakfast or brunch.