Basic Buttermilk Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease bottoms of 12 medium muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In large mixing bowl beat egg.
- Stir in water and oil.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring just until flour is moistened.
- Batter should be lumpy. Do not overbeat.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 143 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 21g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 303mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 2mg