Banana Rama Coffee Cake
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 Tbsp Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Saco Chocolate Chunks
- 1 large banana
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together flour, Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add warm water, extract, eggs and melted butter; stir well.
- Place ⅔ of batter evenly into a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips and Saco Chocolate Chunks evenly over top of batter.
- Sprinkle ½ of the topping mixture, then thinly sliced bananas and top with remaining topping.
- Add remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick in center of cake comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and set aside.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 631 Fat: 34g Saturated fat: 21g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 77g Sugar: 41g Fiber: 2g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 125mg