Buttermilk Bran Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1½ cups all-bran cereal
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 12 muffin pan cups, or line with paper liners.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and Buttermilk Blend; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl stir together cereal and water.
- Let stand 1-2 minutes, or until cereal is softened.
- Add egg and oil.
- Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to cereal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Do not overbeat.
- Portion batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 164 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 11g Sodium: 224mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 2mg