Buttermilk Cheese Bread
Serves: 24 servings
- 2¼ cups warm water, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 pkgs active dry yeast
- 7 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 6½-7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1¼ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In small mixing bowl combine 1¾ cups warm water, butter and honey.
- Let cool.
- In large mixing bowl dissolve yeast in ½ cup warm water.
- Add honey water mixture to yeast water.
- In another separate bowl combine Buttermilk Blend with 3 cups of the flour.
- Stir salt into water mixture, then add the flour mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Incorporate 1 more cup of flour into dough.
- Fold in cheese.
- Gradually add remaining flour.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, then turn dough once.
- Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Punch down dough.
- Shape into 2 loaves.
- Place in greased bread pans.
- Let rise until double.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pans and place on wire racks.
- Brush warm loaves with melted butter.
- Cool completely
Nutrition InformationCalories: 200 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 31g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 328mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 13mg